Grand Lake Area Museums
The Grand Lake Area Historical Society was formed in 1973 to preserve and protect the only remaining log hotel built in Grand Lake prior to 1900, known today as the Kauffman House Museum. In 2009, the Historical Society purchased land and moved the Smith-Eslick Motor Court, which is the focus of the current project called Cottage Camp.
The Historical Society has an Administrative Office between the post office and the Grand Lake Center as an office and work space. It is also available for people to do research with our collections. We invite people to bring in historical information that we might copy to add to information about the Grand Lake area.